This is definitely music which ignites and energizes the imagination and human-spirit. Listening to a new Animal Collective album for the first time (677th time, for that matter) is almost a religious experience for me. I sing along, dance, scream, jump, drum, and jam right along side them. Their vibrations really send me flying. Usually, I just try and hang on for the ride. It's a journey, man - so I'm telling ya, this album with be released on the 20th of January, do yourself a favor and buy a copy. Let go and allow the tones to work through you. You'll thank me.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Merriweather Post Pavilion. . .
So on December 25th, the newest Animal Collective album, entitled Merriweather Post Pavilion (which was named after an outdoor concert venue located in Columbia, Maryland), leaked onto the intertubez! Needless to say, it is a gem. Another beautifully constructed sonic marvel for us AC enthusiasts to stand in awe of while simultaneously participate in; this is beyond music. What's funny is that I've actually been listening to these tracks for little over a year and a half now. How, exactly, you ask? Live bootlegs, of course, which have been in circulation and distribution on a myriad of different forums, blogs, and video channels. Mind you, I think it's safe to say that the bootlegs are not an adequate preparation for the new album, MPP. AC has not only exceeded my expectations this time around, but surprised the hell out of me and leaves an unanswered question in my head . . . how is this stuff created?

This is definitely music which ignites and energizes the imagination and human-spirit. Listening to a new Animal Collective album for the first time (677th time, for that matter) is almost a religious experience for me. I sing along, dance, scream, jump, drum, and jam right along side them. Their vibrations really send me flying. Usually, I just try and hang on for the ride. It's a journey, man - so I'm telling ya, this album with be released on the 20th of January, do yourself a favor and buy a copy. Let go and allow the tones to work through you. You'll thank me.
This is definitely music which ignites and energizes the imagination and human-spirit. Listening to a new Animal Collective album for the first time (677th time, for that matter) is almost a religious experience for me. I sing along, dance, scream, jump, drum, and jam right along side them. Their vibrations really send me flying. Usually, I just try and hang on for the ride. It's a journey, man - so I'm telling ya, this album with be released on the 20th of January, do yourself a favor and buy a copy. Let go and allow the tones to work through you. You'll thank me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment