Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Circulation

The mind has been sifting and wandering a lot recently, so this is going to be scattered.

To begin, I'd like to direct you to my newly acquired Flicker account. I have a lot of photography which has been patiently resting within my computer for years, collecting digital dust; so I've decided to upload my work and share it with everyone.

I'd encourage you to create a Flicker account as well, it's very easy to register and get started. After all, you never know when the hard drive might decide to conk out on ya.

Secondly, over the past week I've become especially interested in a podcast called Mystic Mind, created by a guy named Jesse Miller who has been producing some pretty impressive shows which definitely resonate with me and where I'm at. His podcast incorporates some personal reflections, music, entheogenic musings and the occasional audio recording (Joseph Campbell, Alan Watts, John C. Lilly, just to name a few). It all blends together and cyrstalizes into a pleasurable listening experience. There is much information and insight to digest here - as described on his website the 'cast covers topics such as, "the occult, conspiracy, magick, alchemy, and the use of entheogens & psychedelics". Good one, Jesse - I'll definitely stay tuned.

Finally, I'll leave you with a zine of sorts. Here are some notes I jotted down last night which I recorded in my journal,

"I must say, in the short lapse of time I've spent on this beautifully mysterious planet, I've really had a great time.

Where else in the universe can I experience myself (my ego) die and subsequently be re-born simply by swallowing some fruit? Where else can one swim in the great seas and spread out on the beach, basking and surrendering to the pulse of the Sun? Where else can we shake and swing, grind and throb, jump and stomp, spin and leap with the elegant web of vibration that surrounds us? Where else in this Expanse can individuals sit down, communicate virtual ideas through a holographic mind space and connect and transmit information and love into eachothers minds and hearts?

Who else is given the freedom to create and build environments which can either create and convert or control and destroy?


Either way, we end up becoming involved in all four - we just need some balance. As a wise man still says, "everything in moderation"

I think all I'm searching for is peace of mind. Seriously though; fuck material obsession and high spending. We live in a culture which is led by the least among us. Consumeconsumeconsume. Keep breeding. We're trained to operate - like mice! It's not grounded in humanity! IT which is unconsciously lurking within each of our minds (ie: the shadow), can either be recognized for what it is - accepted - and transformed or the cultural slime-like residue which consists of greed, consumerism, fear, and hierarchy will prevail.

It's collapsing and trying to take everyone down with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment